Are you looking for the best AMP plugins to optimize your WordPress sites? You’re in the right place if you said YES!
Today, over 50% of internet users browse via their phone. Hence, if your site isn’t mobile-friendly, the bounce rate will definitely increase. And this would result in negatively impacting your site’s ranking in search engines.
A Google AMP WordPress plugin is the best option to help you with it. And, in this article, we’ll be discussing the best AMP plugins for WordPress. Let’s begin without any further ado!
What is a Google AMP WordPress Plugin and Why Use it?
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. It’s an open-source project initiated by companies like Google and Twitter. The main motive of this plan is to improve web browsing for mobile users.
Likewise, a WordPress AMP plugin is an extension that automatically adds AMP functionality to your WordPress site. This way, it makes the site responsive, and responsive sites are important for getting more traffic.
Also, it ensures that your website loads faster for mobile visitors. This improves the user experience as well as the ranking of your site as a whole.
Moreover, upon activating the AMP plugin, you can also measure & analyze visitor engagement for your site. Thus, with the available stats, you get to know exactly what visitors find & use your website.
Hence, you can attract a significant chunk of traffic from mobile users by adding AMP plugins. Along with its additional features, they certainly help to improve & maintain good SEO for your site.
8 Best WordPress AMP Plugins 2021 (Create AMP Pages)
Now, before diving into our list, there are certain things that you need to consider while choosing an AMP plugin. Firstly, it must be simple to set up and provide better usability. If that’s not the case, the whole goal of AMP would be lost.
Moreover, the plugins should be compatible with all WordPress themes and page builders. And it would be great if it also works for the WooCommerce sites. Further, the features like Email Opt-in Support, Call to Action Support, and so on make it even more exceptional.
Having that said, let’s get into our list of the best WordPress AMP plugins:
1. The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress (Free)
The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress is one of the best AMP plugins for WordPress in the market. This plugin comes with versatile capabilities for your websites. Hence, you can never go wrong by choosing it.
Moreover, it supports all WordPress themes and plugins, so you can easily operate it without any hassle. Likewise, the Official AMP plugin enables AMP content publishing with WordPress.
Also, the plugin is a great tool to build user-first websites that are fast & secure as well. The user-first site ensures a delightful user experience and a fully responsive web framework.
All in all, if you’re looking for the best WordPress AMP plugins with great features, this plugin can be it.
Key Features of The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress:
- Automate the process of generating AMP-valid markup
- Provide effective validation tools for users
- Supports mobile redirection and AMP-to-AMP linking
- Developmental support for WordPress developers
- Highlights CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Tree Shaking
2. AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages (Free)
An all-in-one plugin, AMP for WP is another popular Google AMP WordPress plugin in our list. With over 100k installations, this plugin automatically adds AMP functionality to your WordPress site. This way, your site will perform faster and rank better in search engines.
Besides that, it comes with a custom AMP editor and custom AMP frontpage. You can override the content for your posts or pages and add a different one just for AMP.
Likewise, the plugin supports various useful extensions to extend AMP features. Some of them include Contact Form 7, Email Opt-in Support, Call to Action Support, and more. Additionally, AMP for WP also integrates with WooCommerce. And that certainly gives your site an edge!
Key Features of AMP for WP:
- Great support and active performance
- Google Analytics support for tracking web traffic
- Compatible with Yoast SEO, All in One SEO, Rank Math, etc.
- 3 pre-built AMP layouts for business websites & landing pages
- AMP theme framework that fully supports social media integration
3. Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP (Free)
Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP stands as a fantastic option among the best WordPress AMP plugins. With this plugin, you get further benefits of SEO integration and content optimization. So, overall it will enhance your site’s performance making it more search-engine-visible.
Previously, this plugin was the ‘glue’ that enabled Yoast SEO plugin and the official AMP plugin for WordPress. But with recent updates, the plugin is now a part of both of them.
Thus, for now, to utilize its features, you can simply update the Yoast SEO and the AMP plugin.
Key Features of Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP:
- Provides a simple way to customize your AMP pages
- Features styling in the form of colors and link styles
- Regular updates to fix bugs
- Improves site speed on mobile and other devices
- Comes with the Analytics code snippet
4. Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP (Freemium)
Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP is an AMP-compatible plugin. While it’s not just an AMP plugin, it supports AMP along with a lot of other useful features.
This plugin, however, helps to add Google Rich Snippets markup to your pages. Due to these rich snippets, your website as a whole ranks better in search results.
Likewise, this tool also features more than 35 Schema types. They include blog posts, news articles, local businesses, videos, and more. Moreover, you can request their developers to add the schema type you want and isn’t available in the feed.
Key Features of Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP:
- Easy to use with minimal settings
- Conditional display fields for marking up the required content
- Shows your site’s google reviews & schema markup
- Unlimited custom post types for managing rich snippets
- Allows to import markup data from other Schema plugins
Price: Free or starts with $99 for one site license
5. PWA for WP & AMP (Free)
If you want a top-notch user experience for your site, you must look at PWA for WP & AMP. This Google AMP WordPress plugin comes with the latest features & techs. Thus, all these features take the functionality of this plugin to the next level.
PWA for WP & AMP comes with full AMP support for starters, making it easier to use & operate. Similarly, it features multi-site support, cache expiration option, and UTM (Urchin Traffic Monitor) tracking.
The Urchin tracker is a web analytics software that served as the base for Google Analytics. Hence, you can easily track the performance of campaigns & content.
Key Features of PWA for WP & AMP:
- Service worker feature to optimize your website
- Works well with offline support
- Access to loading icon library, data analytics, etc
- Full-screen & splash screen
- App banner in home-screen with customizable icons
6. WP AMP Plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce (Premium)
Another popular pick among the best WordPress AMP plugins is WP AMP. It’s a premium WordPress that targets Accelerated Mobile Pages for WooCommerce.
This plugin is easy to operate as you can show your products on your AMP site within a few clicks. Also, you can include all types of mobile-optimized content & archives on your site. This way, the tool even makes sure they load instantly without any delay.
Furthermore, WP AMP plugin has flexible options for customization. For instance, you can enable, disable, and modify AMP blocks via a built-in drag & drop page. This way, you can customize the logo, header menu, and other WooCommerce features of your site.
Key Features of WP AMP Plugin:
- Work with Yoast SEO, All in One SEO Pack, and others
- Tracking via Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc
- Comes with a pack of plugin shortcodes
- Plenty of customization with standard design
- Frequent updates and reliable support team
Price: $49 (for one regular license)
7. Instantify – PWA & Google AMP WordPress Plugin (Premium)
Turn your website into an instant app with Instantify – PWA & Google AMP WordPress plugin. It’s one of the best-selling AMP plugins for WordPress that makes your website faster & more secure.
Making your site mobile-friendly, the plugin helps you get top ranking and more traffic. Also, this plugin can enable offline usability that makes it easier for visitors to browse your site.
Likewise, Instantify is compatible with Google Compliant, Boost SEO, and Rank Higher. It means your site will get more traffic and provide a great user experience.
Key Features of Instantify:
- Works together with Google AMP, PWA, and Facebook Instant Articles
- Supports site monetization via Facebook Ads & Google Adsense
- Powerful setting panel with built-in support & analytics
- Offers skeleton loading for better user experience
- Enhancements like Shake to Refresh, Toast Message, etc.
Price: $29 (for one regular site license)
8. AMP It Up (Free)
AMP It Up also falls under the best WordPress AMP plugins to enable mobile optimization for your site. It even ensures that the AMP version of your page remains on your own domain. This improves the user experience and ranking of your website overall on Google.
Moreover, this plugin comes with cookie consent for websites. However, based on the user’s IP-address, it only works in the state of Europe.
Likewise, this AMP plugin ensures secure transmission while creating an AMP page. Along with this, it automatically works with your existing Google Analytics tracking.
Key Features of AMP It Up:
- Automatically adds social media buttons to AMP pages
- Features creating an AMP carousel for your pictures
- Enables legal obligation for imprints & privacy notices
- Integrated with YouTube, BrightCove for video content
- AMP Link Mark for better speed and reading experience
To Sum Up,
With these best AMP plugins for WordPress, you can get many benefits for your site. Firstly, they help to make your web pages & posts AMP optimized. It means they will load the web content faster on mobile devices.
Upon improving the performance, an amp plugin increases the ranking factor in such devices. Likewise, there are features like offline support and integration with other major WordPress plugins.
Furthermore, they are easy to set up and work well with all themes & page builders. You can even use them for WooCommerce sites as they also provide tons of customization options.
All of the AMP WordPress plugins listed above are awesome and come with mentioned features. But, if we have to choose, we recommend you go with ‘The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress’.
Now, we have come to the end of our article. Don’t forget to share it with your friend if you found it helpful. The social media handles are right in front of you!
Similarly, if you want to explore more, we suggest you go through ‘Best WordPress Security Plugins’ and ‘Best Social Share Plugins for WordPress’. They shall definitely help you understand the terms better and improve your website.
Till then, keep exploring and keep sharing!!