Want to know which is the best LearnDash alternative? Read this article till the end to know which LMS plugin might be suitable for your site other than LearnDash.
There’s no doubt that LearnDash is an amazing WordPress LMS plugin. However, it lacks certain features. Here we’ve decoded all the pros and cons of LearnDash. And further, we’ve mentioned 10 LearnDash competitors which might suit your WordPress LMS website.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
What is LearnDash?
LearnDash is a learning management system. Simply put, a learning management system or LMS is a platform that provides an opportunity to learn as well as teach online.
One of the well-known LMS, LearnDash has been providing services for the past nine years. Some of the key features of LearnDash are:
- Drip-Content: Schedule the release of certain content.
- Easy-to-use: You can easily create courses, quizzes with the help of the drag and drop feature.
- Reward Points: Provide certificates, points, badges, etc. after completion of courses and quizzes.
- Multimedia Support: Make your quizzes and courses more fun by adding multimedia like videos, images, audio, and more.
Why Do You Need a LearnDash Alternative?
Nevertheless, in spite of all the amazing features, LearnDash still lacks in some of the departments. Let’s be honest, even you clicked on this article because you’re looking for a LearnDash alternative.
Below are some of the features LearnDash lacks
- LearnDash Pricing: It’s a premium learning management system. Also, its price is higher than other premium plugins. Currently, it costs $159/Year for a single site license and it keeps increasing.
- CRM Integration: Another feature LearnDash lacks is CRM integration. CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management which is a technology to manage your company’s relations with users/customers.
- Limited Payment and Membership Options: LearnDash does not offer free setup trials. Apart from that, it doesn’t provide coupons and promo features. Furthermore, you cannot allow the authority to certain pages to only certain types of members.
With that said, let’s start the list of best LMS WordPress plugins
10 Best LearnDash Competitors
Unlike LearnDash, Masteriyo LMS is a free eLearning WordPress plugin. This plugin allows you to create courses, quizzes, and lessons from a single interface. The great news is, it provides a drag and drop feature hence, even a non-tech savvy can create an online WordPress site within minutes.
Along with that, selling courses is also effortless with Masteriyo LMS. It provides various options to sell your course. You can either sell courses for free or charge for them.
Other than that, students can interact with the professor in an easy manner. Masteriyo LMS allows learners to leave a question on the sidebar while taking courses. Not only the teachers but also the registered students can answer the questions.
Key Features of Masteriyo LMS:
- Distraction-free mode
- Drag and drop course builder
- Course progress bar
- Unlimited courses and quizzes
- Compatible with any WordPress themes with LMS
LearnPress is an easy-to-use LMS WordPress plugin. It makes the course-creating process hassle-free. Furthermore, you can create a full course curriculum with lessons and quizzes included.
Even though it’s a free plugin, its premium-like features will surely surprise you. What’s more, is that it provides lightweight and super powerful Add-Ons to strengthen your core system.
If you’re using multiple eLearning platforms, LearnPress allows you to import and export your courses to another website as well. Moreover, it’s also easy to create, manage, share, and track statistics about the number, trends, and so on.
Key Features of LearnPress:
- It supports WordPress multisite
- Provides excellent customer support
- Supports payment methods such as PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce, etc.
- Bunch of Add-Ons available such as wishlist, course review, etc.
- Communicate with students or instructors via the WordPress forum
LifterLMS is a self-hosted LMS WordPress plugin to create, sell as well as protect your online courses and training-based membership site. Apart from being compatible with any well-coded themes, it also supports modern WordPress blocks and major page builders like Elementor, and more.
Besides, this plugin also fully supports other popular plugins such as Everest Forms, User Registration, and so on. Additionally, LifterLMS allows you to connect your website to 1,500+ other apps via Zapier.
Key Features of LifterLMS:
- Course and membership coupons
- Quiz time limits
- Multi-instructor courses
- Email marketing
- Various payment options such as credit card, recurring, one-time payment
4. Sensei LMS
Sensei is a Japanese word that means Teacher. If you have the knowledge and want to share it then, Sensei LMS will help you. This WordPress online course plugin enables you to create courses, lessons, and quizzes effortlessly.
Not to mention, the plugin provides integration with one of the most popular eCommerce plugins – WooCommerce. Hence, you can even sell your courses online.
Best of all, this plugin is developed by Automatic, a company that has also developed products like WordPress.com, Jetpack, and more.
Key Features of Sensei LMS:
- Drag and drop interface
- Excellent reporting system
- Amazing payment management
- Powerful quizzes feature
- Responsive hence, your site looks great on all devices
Price: Free and Premium Addons
Yet another one of the best LearnDash competitors is Teachable. This is a hosted platform, meaning you don’t necessarily have to download the software to your computer. You can link the existing website to Teachable under a custom domain.
Teachable allows you to create and customize your courses as per your need. Additionally, it allows you to track sales and course insights with a comprehensive dashboard. Along with that, it provides a system to communicate to your students about course-related queries in real-time.
Key Features of Teachable:
- Drip feed content
- Offers coupons and advanced pricing options
- International payment from 130+ countries
- Unlimited courses and coaching services
- Affiliate marketing tools available
Price: Free or $29/month
6. Good LMS
Good LMS is a LearnDash alternative for those who want a premium plugin with lower pricing. This plugin has a beginner-friendly interface, therefore, you can easily add courses, lessons, and quizzes.
Additionally, you can add PDFs, images, videos, and so on to make your LMS website more interactive. Selling courses is also easy with the help of this plugin. It offers pricing options and payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe.
Along with that, you can set different commissions rates for different instructors.
Key Features of Good LMS:
- Course rating system
- Cross-browser support
- Coupon code
- Course certificate and badges
- Amazing customer support
Price: $32/Year for a Regular Site License
Want a membership as well as a WordPress LMS plugin in one? Then, MemberPress is the best choice. With the help of this plugin, you can create a beautiful membership website, sell online courses and digital downloads, etc.
Moreover, allowing whoever sees your content is totally in control of you. You can deny or give access to posts, pages, digital files, videos, and more according to the membership your users belong to.
Other than that, MemberPress allows you to accept secure payments. Also, it provides seamless integration with third-party solutions for running an affiliate program, email, and much more.
Key Features of MemberPress:
- Reporting System available
- Premium community forums
- Track the course progress
- Easy payment gateway integration
- Create a dynamic pricing page
Price: $179/Year for a Single Site License
8. DT LMS
With this LearnDash alternative, you can create online courses, education management systems, online education schools, and other learning platforms. DT LMS is a highly responsive WordPress LMS plugin, therefore, your site will look great on all devices including mobile, laptop, desktops, etc.
Moreover, this plugin helps to manage classes, courses, instructors, assignments, timetables, and much more. You can add more functionalities such as badges, certificates, notifications, and so on.
Along with that, analyzing course progress is also easy with DT LMS. It helps you to generate data-packed reports and statistics.
Key Features of DT LMS:
- Unlimited courses and lessons
- Manage and monetize your LMS website
- Multiple purchase and registration options
- Options to include videos, attachments, charts, in the courses
Price: $35 for a Single Site License
WP Courseware is an online course builder. This plugin has been around for the past 12 years. Currently, it has 21,883 happy course creators, 112 updates, and 271 features added.
Besides, its intuitive drag and drop course builder makes the course creation process fun and easy. To further enhance your site, WP Courseware offers multimedia like images, text, video, etc.
After creating the eLearning platform, you can start selling your courses. This plugin provides a built-in shopping cart and supports payment gateways. To add more, it supports one-time payment, installment payment, and subscription.
Key Feature of WP Courseware:
- Drip content
- Integration with dozens of email marketing services
- Supports other WordPress plugins
- eCommerce solutions available to sell courses
- Shortcodes available to customize courses
Price: $129/year for 2 Site License
Another one of the best LearnDash alternatives is cloud LMS software TalentLMS. You don’t have to spend month-longs to set up your learning platform. With TalentLMS, you can create new courses and add users in just a few clicks.
Moreover, it has an intuitive and responsive interface hence, learners can learn from anywhere, anytime, and from any device. You can also customize the courses and localize them according to your user’s language.
Furthermore, to get started with TalentLMS all you need to do is create an account, add courses, and your site can go live by the end of the day.
Key Features of TalentLMS:
- Cloud-based LMS software
- Integrated video conferencing tools
- Payment platforms like PayPal, stripe are available
- Allows to upload and store files in your account
- Supports latest eLearning content standards like SCORM, zAPI, and cmi5
Price: Free or $59/month for a Starter Plan
Wrapping It Up!
And that’s all about the LearnDash alternatives. LearnDash has been around for many years however, it does lack some features. Being on the pricey side is one of them.
Above we’ve mentioned LearnDash competitors for you. Masteriyo LMS, for instance, is a free WordPress LMS plugin. Other than that, it’s powered by React JS which makes the course creation process much easier.
Moreover, we’ve also mentioned a few premium plugins however, they don’t cost a fortune. Hence, pick according to your needs.