Looking for the best WordPress membership plugins for your membership website? Look no more! In this article, we’ve curated the best WordPress membership plugins for you.
If you own a membership website in WordPress, installing a membership plugin is a must. All users can register on a website; however, only the members can access certain content. As an admin, the decision is in your hand about what content can your members view.
There are a lot more benefits of membership plugins. We’ll unravel all of them below. Hence, keep reading.
What is a Membership Plugin and Why Need One?
Do you want to give some special access to only selected users? Then, consider installing a membership plugin. With the help of a WordPress membership plugin, you can restrict certain contents of your site to all users except the members of your website.
While giving access to selected content to only the members is the main feature of the membership plugin; however, it’s not restricted to only that. Furthermore, you can also monetize and collect payments from your members. Not to mention, you can provide discount coupons to your members. This helps to grow your membership website even more.
Below is the list of benefits of a WordPress membership plugin.
- Earning Opportunity: You can earn money by selling memberships and your site’s content.
- Full Control Over Content: You’ve full control of all the contents – posts, pages, etc. You can hide/restrict them from all or certain groups of members.
- Easy-to-use and Set up: Membership plugins are easy to install as well as maintain. It automatically manages and tracks the members hence, it saves a lot of time.
Must-Have Features on a Membership Plugin
And now, here are some must-have features you should look at on a WordPress membership plugin.
- Content Drip: Content drip is a method of releasing content on your website. You can release the content bit by bit over a course of time. You can set the course of time. For example, a week, a month, a year, etc. as per your wish.
- Payment Integration: One of the important features of a membership site is that you can earn via selling different digital content. Hence, a good membership plugin should offer seamless payment integration.
- Supports Discount Coupons: There might be certain loyal members on your membership site. To keep them happy, sometimes offering special discount coupons is a great idea.
- Automation: Managing and tracking all the members manually is a tedious task. Therefore, a plugin that manages and keeps track of members is a must to run WordPress membership websites successfully.
- Membership Roles: Membership roles can be decided according to the subscription levels. For example, you can add different subscription levels – Silver, Gold, Diamond, etc. The membership roles are decided according to the levels. You can also restrict content according to roles.
10 Best Membership Plugins for WordPress
And now, here are the best WordPress membership plugins.
S2Member is a powerful membership plugin for WordPress. It’s easy to set up and configure. Additionally, it’s a powerful membership management platform. You can also set a custom login welcome page, a custom membership options page, custom registration/profile fields, and much more.
This plugin makes it easiest to sell products/services with WordPress. It offers PayPal integration to accept payments. You can accept ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Recurring’ payments through PayPal Standard Buttons. Once the member buys content, they can complete the checkout process PayPal.com using any major credit card; or their PayPal account balance.
Key Features of S2Member
- PayPal Integration
- Unlimited membership levels
- Content Restriction option
- Security encryption key
- Protected audio/video streams
Price: Free or $89/Year for a Single Site License
Want to create, manage, and track membership subscriptions without hassle then, Membership is the plugin you’re looking for. Moreover, you can easily sell digital products as well.
Not to mention, this plugin allows you to manage your members by enabling or disabling access to posts, pages, digital files, communities, and more according to the membership they belong to.
Furthermore, the plugin fully supports third-party payment integration such as PayPal, Stripe, MailChimp, Convertkit, and more. This helps in processing payments, running an affiliate program, email, and much more.
Key Features of MemberPress:
- Includes content drip feature.
- Easy to set up
- Fully supports any WordPress theme
- Affiliate program integration
- Clear & relevant reporting
Price: $179/Year for a Single Site License
Another one of the best WordPress membership plugins on this list is Ultimate Member. Basically, Ultimate Member is a membership as well as the user registration plugin. You can choose to give access to content to your members-only with the help of this plugin.
Additionally, it offers account pending, approval, and rejected emails to the members. The plugin comes with loads of custom fields that allow you to collect lots of information from your users. Also, it allows the admin to restrict contents to your site both globally and on a per-page/post basis.
Key Features of Ultimate Member
- Member directories
- Multiple user roles
- Offers drag-and-drop form builder
- Nav menu visibility
- Drip content feature
Price: Free or $249/Year
Technically, LearnDash is a Learning Management System plugin. It helps to create an eLearning site and sell courses online. Furthermore, it comes with membership modules and integration.
Above all, Learndash offers tons of advanced tools to manage/organize the membership content into levels, groups, etc. Hence, you can hide contents and restrict them according to different member groups.
This plugin comes with all the eLearning tools such as quizzes, user badges, certificates, user profiles, etc, to create a highly engaging membership website. Best of all, it provides easy payment gateways.
Key Features of LearnDash:
- Fully supports WooCommerce, bbPress, Slack, etc.
- Powerful drip content feature
- Email notification
- Course Forums
- 1-Year Support and updates
Price: $169/Year for a Single Site License
WooCommerce membership allows you to create an entire membership system and seamlessly integrate it into your eCommerce website. With the help of WooCommerce, strict content is only for members.
To add more, it allows you to sell access to members, includes membership with product purchases, manually assign membership, and completely integrate member perks to your WooCommerce store.
Additionally, WooCommerce offers member discounts on products that you can give access only to your loyal members. Your members can also access all their information via ‘My Account’ page. On this page, you can enable all or any section. And, the members can see products, contents (posts/pages), discounts, etc, of only things you’ve given access to.
Key Features of WooCommerce Membership:
- Import or Export members list
- Allows members to write notes for better communication
- Sell or assign membership
- Better shipping options for members
- Sell membership to companies or groups
Next on this list of best WordPress membership plugins is Paid Membership Pro. From restricting content, managing members to easy payment gateways, Paid Membership Pro has it all.
This plugin allows you to manage professional organizations with thousands of members with ease. Not only that, but you can also create private social communities for unique interest groups. Also, offer special discounts to only selected members.
Accepting recurring payments for content, podcasts, videos, etc., getting paid for eLearning and digital courses are few other benefits that come with Paid Membership Pro.
Key Features of Paid Membership Pro:
- Seamless integration with PayPal, Stripe
- Fully supports bbPress, BuddyPress
- Supports WordPress multisite
- Create directories and profiles
- Restrict default content, custom post types, and single pages
Price: Free or $297/Year for 1-5 Sites License
Restrict Content Pro is a full-featured, powerful membership plugin for WordPress. With this plugin, you can easily track reports and know exactly how your membership website is performing.
Furthermore, managing members is also super easy. The plugin allows you to view all active, pending, expired, canceled, and free users. Above all, you can send welcome emails to new members, email payment receipts, and also remind members before their account expires automatically.
Key Features of Restrict Content Pro:
- Import and export data of members
- Built-in payment gateways integration
- Unlimited number of discount codes
- Unlimited subscription package
- Simple setup
Easily turn your WordPress site into a membership site with the help WP-Members membership plugin. The plugin is easy to set up, simple to use, yet highly flexible in every way imaginable.
Moreover, it allows you to restrict or hide posts, pages, and custom post types. You can also limit the list of menu items to logged-in users. Also, it provides invite codes. Basically, invite codes permit the registration of only those members who have an invitation code.
Other than that, the plugin fully supports WooCommerce. Hence, you can sell membership as well.
Key Features of WP-Members:
- Create custom registration and profile fields
- Hold new registration for admin approval
- Mailchimp integration
- Sell restricted content access through PayPal
- Fully supports Easy Digital Downloads, The Events Calendar, etc.
Magic Members is a new generation membership site software solution. The plugin is simple and highly intuitive. Not to mention, it’s easy to set up. Even non-beginners can install the plugin, configure the settings and start building a membership site.
This plugin offers 17 direct payment integrations with Authorize.net, PayPal, Stripe, WorldPay, MoneyBookers, and much more. To add more, it protects downloads from being accessed by unauthorized members and guests. Also, you can give permission according to the subscription levels. Further, it provides seamless integration with Mailchimp, AWeber, InfusionSoft, iContact, and more.
Key Features of Magic Members
- Always updated
- Custom widgets
- Unlimited coupon creation
- Flexible membership options
Price: $97 for one-time payment
Simple Membership is a simple yet powerful WordPress membership plugin. It lets you protect your posts and pages so only your members can view the protected content.
Besides, it offers a user-friendly interface for content protection. While you’re editing your content in WordPress editor, you can choose to protect that content for your members.
Additionally, you get unlimited membership access levels such as Free, Silver, Gold, etc. You can give access to content to members according to their membership access levels. Best of all, both one-time and recurring payments are supported via PayPal or Stripes.
Key Features of Simple Membership
- Front-end member registration and login page
- Translate your site to any language
- Import WordPress users as members
- Manually approve your members
- Filter members list by membership levels
Wrapping It Up!
Membership websites offer tons of earning opportunities to the site owner. And with just a little help from membership plugins, this process becomes a hundred times easier. Not only do these plugins give full control over your content but, also you can track and manage all your members.
If you enjoyed reading the article, please share it on your social media. Also, follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates in the future. Before you go, here’s an article on the best WordPress lead generation plugins, that might interest you.